PLAYING IT SAFE ON HALLOWEEN
- Make sure older kids go out with friends.
- Younger children should be accompanied by an adult. If you live in a rural area, offer all kids a ride in the car.
- Set a time limit for children to trick-or-treat. Together, map out a safe route so you know where they’ll be.
- Remind them not to take shortcuts through backyards, alleys, or playing fields & do not enter a strange house or car.
- Trick-or-treat while it is still light out.
- Hold a Halloween party at home,with neighbors, at a local church or a non-profit.
FIRE SAFETY TIPS
- Costumes: Stay away from long trailing fabric, make sure mask eye holes are large for good visibility.
- Provide children with flashlights or glow sticks.
- Keep all decorations from open flames & other heat sources.
- Use a battery operated candle or glow-stick in jack-a-lanterns.
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working.
- Tell children to stay away from open flames, including jack-a-lanterns.
Office of Assemblymember Jim Frazier 11th Assembly District
1261 Travis Blvd., Suite 110 Fairfield CA 94533
Phone: 707.399.3011 Fax: 707.399.3030
Paid for by Jim Frazier for Assembly 2016 • FPPC ID No. 1373430